You can have an elegant and beautiful wedding engagement party on a budget. Here are some ideas that will inspire you to break out the traditional box and create a unique wedding reception for less.
Problem: The catering bill is typically what makes the reception so expensive.
- Solution: Many of your family members will be honored and happy to cook for your engagement party. Skip the champagne toast and serve hot hors d'oeuvres instead of a full meal. Make sure, however, that the menu is right for the time of day, time of year and location of the event.
Problem: Real flowers for the table can get costly.
- Solution: Use silk flowers instead. You can buy these flowers on sale and they will last forever. To create a nice ambiance for an evening party, add a few small candles to the table too.
Problem: How do you decorate on a budget?
- Solution: Talented friends or relatives can help you decorate the engagement party venue. In fact, engagement party decorations are inexpensive and easy to order online and reception tables can be decorated using colored linens that complement the wedding's theme.
Problem: Need a setup that includes enough power for entertainment and a crew who will clean up.
- Solution: Brainstorm ideas and consider unique locations such as: restaurant patios, gardens, the tops of buildings and private beaches. Inquire about cleanup procedures at each site and ask close family and friends to help you setup and break down the location.
Problem: You don't want to use your Ipod as your DJ.
- Solution: Music is a key element at a party; it sets the tone and the mood of the event. That's why you can't stop the music at your party. To save cash ask your wedding DJ to spin records for your reception. You can negotiate a reduced rate for both gigs.
Your engagement party can be impressive to your family and friends if you take time to plan and follow your budget. Before you ditch your party plans use these tips to get your creative juices flowing and create a fab soiree without breaking the bank.